Last Modified: July 13, 2010
CEO, Jeff Libert
Personal Information gathered from Garden.info
The information Garden.info collects from clients helps us personalize and enhance your experience. The following are types of information we collect.
- Information You Provide Us: At Garden.info any information you directly provide us with on our website will be stored. If you choose not to provide certain information, you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features that will optimize your experience. Information you provide us will be used for purposes such as improving our services, responding to your requests, customizing your future experiences, and communicating with you about your needs.
Other Information gathered from Garden.info
At Garden.info third-party advertising companies are used to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may collect information about your visits to our website, and our affiliates, in order to provide advertisements that relate to your interests. It is your complete discretion as to how much information these sources gain. Alterations can be made in your web browser in order to disable cookies and other tracking devices that allow us to provide you with more pertinent information.
- Links: We may format our links in a manner that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of your search, customize the content, and improved advertising.
- Web Beacon: A web beacon is an electronic image in a web page, usually consisting of a single-pixel which allows our website to analyze user traffic. The information gathered from Web Beacons is assembled in a file and then formatted into a chart and set of reports. Web beacons provide us with greater accuracy on the information you are searching for, thereby allowing us to provide you the direct services you are looking for.
- Log Files: Log files are not associated with your personally identifiable information. However, we use log files (IP addresses) to record information that allows us to analyze trends, tract user’s interests, and gather demographic information of our users.
- E-mail: While Garden.info does not currently have an email option, at such point when an email option is given, you will be able to enter this information in order to receive updates made to Garden.info and special offers.
Information Sharing to Third Parties
- Affiliated Business Transactions: Garden.info works closely with affiliates in order to provide you the most knowledgeable and the best foliage experiences. In any third party transaction, made off of our website, your information related to those transactions will be shared with the third party. The information you share with our affiliates in related business transactions can only occur with your consent when you leave our site.
- Third-Party Providers: Any purchase made on another site becomes controlled under the site which you are purchasing the goods. Other companies and individuals will deliver your good or service. This includes fulfilling orders, delivering packages, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These third parties only become involved when you purchase a service/item/etc. from another site, and only gain access to your personal information in order to carry out the functions in order to deliver your purchase.
- Business Transfers: As Garden.info continues to expand our business, we might sell or buy related businesses. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred assets but remains subject to the promises made in this Privacy Notice.
- Protection of Garden.info and Users: We may release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Garden.info, our users, or others. These acts will only be undergone to protect the company and you as an individual when the law becomes involved. Garden.info will not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose personally identifiable information of our users for commercial purposes.
There is no age restriction for using the Garden.info website. Our business does not sell products for purchase to individuals under the age of 18. We are not responsible for any transactions that take place once you are directed to another website through our links. In order to make any purchases the user must be the appropriate age to own a credit/debit card.
Updating your Personal Information
When you add personal information to our website, we offer different methods that allow you to access, correct, or delete your personal information. However, when you have placed an order with an affiliate company, you can only update this information via the website on which you placed the order. If you have any difficulties changing your information updated specifically to our website, please contact our web administrator.
Our business uses multiple security precautions in order to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of our customer’s information. We use the best internal controls in order to protect the storage and processing of your information. In addition to up to date software protection, we also use multiple physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to locations where we store personal information.
We operate on a “need to know basis,” only allowing Garden.info employees to access personal information when needed to complete a business transaction. Only certified employees can access personal information during these transactions. These employees are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
CEO, Jeff Libert